Contisystems has a chain-of-custody system that meets the requirements of the STD 40-004 V3.0 standard of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The FSC aims to ensure environmental protection as well as sustainable economic and social management of forests around the world. FSC Chain of Custody Certification ensures that all FSC certified material is tracked throughout the production process, from the forest to the consumer.
The FSC is governed by 10 fundamental principles:
- Legal compliance;
- Employment rights and employment conditions;
- Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
- Community Relations;
- Benefits of the forest;
- Environmental values and impacts;
- Management planning;
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- High conservation values;
- Implementation of management activities.
Whenever Contisystems carries out an FSC production, a logo similar to the following may be placed on the Paper. Code C128766 corresponds to the Contisystems FSC License.